Grass, mud, puddles.
We have all seen it, then been amazed as it became flowers, a fireplace….beautiful!
Outdoor areas today are much more than they used to be and can include just as many luxuries as the finest indoor kitchens. Below is a space designed by myself and Clay Lyon of Lyon Construction. It turned out beautifully and won us an award from KC Magazine.
- Think about how you live, cook and spend time outside. Who is there? How often? What says luxury to you?
- Write down the features you want, then research them. Like below, there is a Big Green Egg Grill, a pizza oven, fireplace, sitting areas, a swing, etc.
- Layout the space. Professionals are great at this as they know all the right questions to ask. We came up with the plan below which was perfect with how it connected to the house and how the yard worked. Don’t forget the details that take it from average and expected to something more memorable.
- Make it happen. Get pros, do it yourself, do both, but do it right. Be sure to ask lots of questions if you don’t know how to make an area work properly, efficiently or safe (think about the heat, etc.).
- Add the finishing touches…down to your choices for silverware, plates and flowers. I loved this table and thought it was perfect for the family and their needs. Don’t forget the invites, the pizza and the marshmallows…you have yourself an outdoor party!
Enjoyed this blog? Follow us on facebook.
Make it fab!
Click here to DISCOVER ALL OF JILL’S LATEST BLOGS FULL OF GREAT DESIGN, TIPS AND INSPIRATION
Photos: Jill Tran Interior Design and Co.
Jill Tran is a Kansas City Interior Designer and creates beautiful, custom interiors for her interior design clients in Kansas City and clients around the country.
About Tran + Thomas
Built on the foundation of a 30-year, family-owned Interior Design business, Jill Tran and Carmen Thomas opened Tran + Thomas Design Studio in 2011 bringing a combined 36 years of experience to their projects. They work on both residential and commercial projects across several styles. Interested in their services? Call (913) 268-9595 or schedule a consultation below.