Kaela has been a wonderful and very talented addition to the Tran + Thomas family.
– I work part-time at Aubrey Vineyards as a Vineyard Technician. At Aubrey I tend to the plants, activities include: netting, leaf removal, moving wires, pulling weeds, etc.
– I love trying new foods and wines/beers. I enjoy going to local wineries and breweries.
– – My family and I like to get together every week and try different wines and cheeses. During quarantine we set up “tasting rooms” throughout my parents house and tried a different wine in each room, along with a snack we thought would compliment the wine.
– I have a dog named Pollie, she is a Schnauzer/Poodle mix. We adopted her from a rescue – we currently do not know her age (most likely a senior).
– My parents have two other dogs named Fred & Velma. The trend of naming our dogs after Scooby Doo characters first started when we adopted our first family dog, Scooby.
– I received my Bachelor’s in Architectural Studies at KU.
– I am currently a student at JCCC in their Interior Design program.
What you love about design/your philosophy:
– I love design because it is a way to express yourself. A way in which I like to express myself through design is by mixing design styles to create a new look. Another way I like to express myself through design is by incorporating personal pieces into the design. I think this is what makes the design of a space unique.
Share This Article
About Tran + Thomas
Built on the foundation of a 30-year, family-owned Interior Design business, Jill Tran and Carmen Thomas opened Tran + Thomas Design Studio in 2011 bringing a combined 36 years of experience to their projects. They work on both residential and commercial projects across several styles. Interested in their services? Call (913) 268-9595 or schedule a consultation below.