Kitchen and bathroom remodels are some of our favorite projects at Tran + Thomas. Not only do they add value to your home, but a well-done remodel will solve problems and enhance your day-to-day living. There is no one cookie cutter approach to kitchen design; each reflects the particular needs and style of the client. We believe that all styles of a kitchen can be wonderful and add value to a home, IF that style is done beautifully…
When Tran + Thomas heads a kitchen remodel, you will get a team of professionals who will see to every last detail of you project.
- Our team has worked with the Midwest’s top professionals and subcontractors and we know the best in the biz.
- We handle every detail for our family of clients, so they may enjoy an amazing experience from start to finish. In fact, we are known for seamless remodels of any kind!
- T+T rethinks and reinvents any existing kitchen to utilize every square foot and maximum it’s workload
- Our interview process allows us to reach into our bag of tricks and pull the very best solutions for each client.
- Whether your budget calls for prefabricated or fully custom cabinetry, we have both and help our clients decide what is perfect for them.
- Modern? Transitional? Traditional? Rustic? Yes! We can do that.
- Tran + Thomas remodels are complete. From moving walls and reconfiguring the layout, to lighting and tile selection to window treatments and flooring, Tran + Thomas will see to every detail.
mission hills Kitchen
This kitchen was dark with an inefficient layout. Too much floor space was taken up by an awkward island placement and there was not enough storage for this family’s needs. There were areas outside the kitchen that were not well used.
The new large island fits proportionally in the kitchen, with an expansive countertop ideal for food preparation, as well as eating, doing homework or just chatting. Four simple pendants add beauty and light. Expanding into the unused space outside the kitchen gave the client twice the pantry. The refrigerator, which took up a lot of visual space before was moved to the side wall, and a new range hood created a beautiful focal point. It is now bright, cabinet storage was increased by 21% and the increased durability and cleanability make every day that much better!
Unused cabinetry in the breakfast area made the space feel closed in.
Removing the cabinetry brightened the space, and a simple sideboard was the perfect piece to elevate this area. A new light fixture, table and chairs and window treatments creates a breakfast area that is inviting, comfortable and beautiful.
Cedar Creek Kitchen
Not every kitchen is designed for every person to use. In this case, the client was a 6’4″ tall man living at home with a kitchen designed for a much smaller person.
To accommodate his height we broke the mold and raised the refrigerator by 8″! Tall upper cabinets and raised countertops allowed the client to move much more easily around his kitchen.
Dated and small, this kitchen did not efficiently maximize all the space around it.
From concept to completion:
Taking space from an adjacent bathroom and moving the doorway to the garage afforded this client a spacious walk-in pantry that tripled in size from the original. We carried wood floors from great room to kitchen for a seamless transition.
The enlarged island with waterfall countertop houses the convection and steam ovens. This amazing kitchen is sleek, bright and clutter-free with the integrated induction cooktop and undermount sink.
With a custom banquet, under seat storage and shelving for the television, this breakfast area is the perfect space for both family and guests to gather. This clever reconfiguration at the far side of the kitchen allowed the table and island to breathe a bit. What once was heavy and cramped is now light and comfortable!
About Tran + Thomas
Built on the foundation of a 30-year, family-owned Interior Design business, Jill Tran and Carmen Thomas opened Tran + Thomas Design Studio in 2011 bringing a combined 36 years of experience to their projects. They work on both residential and commercial projects across several styles. Interested in their services? Call (913) 268-9595 or schedule a consultation below.
Help Kansas City Homeless Teens Break the Cycle; Avenue Youth House Designed and Supported by Tran + Thomas