Our interior designers take on an incredible amount of responsibility in all of our projects. We often utilize our Nine Layer Approach to fully complete beautiful spaces!
TT DESIGN LAYER 1: INSPIRATION AND STYLE DISCOVERY
Personal. Eye-opening. Enjoy our exclusive, private and thoughtful process to find your true style. How will your home make you feel? Define it, and it will change you.
- Trend guidance, timeless design assurance and style discovery
- Elevating your style to be beautifully expressive and perfectly done
TT DESIGN LAYER 2: SPACE EVALUATION, STRUCTURAL MODIFICATIONS, PLANNING, AND ORGANIZATION FOR ADDITIONS, REMODELING, CUSTOM HOME BUILDING AND NEW CONSTRUCTION
Purpose. Scale. Function. We ask the right questions. Explore. Solve. Forging forward with confidence. Bringing in the right people.
- Remodeling and/or updating analysis and evaluation, ideas, value-adding suggestions, designer solutions and recommendations
- Sketches and computer aided drafting (ACAD) of floor plan modifications, layouts, proposed structural and cosmetic changes
- Contractors/builders, architects and subcontractors recommendations and best matches
- Blueprint analysis, suggestions and designer recommendations
- Contractor’s estimate/bids review, analysis and assistance with price negotiation
- T+T supplied cabinetry and drawings
- Top local and national craftsmen names and recommendations for: full custom cabinetry and built-ins, plumbers, electricians, framers, drywallers, painters, tilers, stonemasons, millwork carpenters, wood floor contractors, carpet installers, wallpaper hangers, upholsterers, sewing/workrooms, movers, art hangers, etc..
- LEED analysis, suggestions and designer recommendations
TT DESIGN LAYER 3: SELECTION OF ALL SURFACE FINISHES, PRODUCTS TO BE USED, MATERIALS TYPES & COLORS, INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ENTIRE DESIGN
Dress the structure’s bones and develop the backdrop. Set the stage. Make daily living better. Beauty.
- Full designer selection of all materials for proposed spaces which may include, but not limited to: proposed surface finishes, full kitchen and bath design, flooring/wall/ceiling design, fireplace facade design, built-in cabinet layout and design and other details as needed and include all communications and instructions for design intent, labor and materials for contractors/subs.
- Top local showrooms recommendations and guidance, pricing assistance, education on quality versus costs and best contacts
- Kitchen/bathroom design, layout analysis, efficiency recommendations, sketches/computer aided drafting (ACAD) drawings, sourcing, and design aesthetics
- Selections can include tiles, carpets, woods, trim, doors, stone, countertops, wallpapers, paints, plasters, fabrics, etc.
TT DESIGN LAYER 4: LIGHTING LAYERS, LIGHT FIXTURES AND LAMPS
Lighting is essential and changes everything. Romantic. Task. Entertaining. Fun!
- Lighting needs analysis and designer recommendations
- Complete RCP/reflected ceiling plan (full lighting layouts) for all fixtures, can lights, fans, sconces, etc. with contractor recommendation and coordination of installation
- Table and floor lamps
- Specific designer light fixture recommendations, sales, receiving and delivery
TT DESIGN LAYER 5: LARGE FURNITURE AND RUGS
Imagine… every single item is PERFECT. Amazing comfort. Defining your look. Luxury. Softness. Welcoming.
- Best pricing for TT clients only on 300+ commercial, residential and “Designer Only” lines and manufacturers
- Furniture needs analysis, full layouts with designer recommendations and full sales services
- Designer only fabrics available on all pieces
- Reupholstery and refinishing of treasured heirlooms
- Handling of all management/tracking, truck scheduling, receiving, examination, repackaging, return and replacement as needed, packing material removal and recycling, climate controlled storage, delivery, assembly, installation*, styling and warranty
TT DESIGN LAYER 6: ACCENT FURNITURE SELECTION – SMALL NECESSARY PIECES
Like the perfect pair of shoes, every piece adds to the story. Details. Lovely. Function. Expressive.
- To complete the furnishings layers, using best practices as described in Layer 5, with ottomans, benches, martini tables, chairs, accent and console tables, etc.
TT DESIGN LAYER 7: WALL AND WINDOW TREATMENTS – DRAPES/BLINDS – BEDDING
We will have you swimming in sumptuous fabrics! Gorgeous trims. Beauty. Light control. Privacy. Sound absorption. Decadent. Room changing. Luxurious.
- Custom drapery fabric selection with best pricing, design, workroom construction, drapery rod style and finish selection, installation, styling and ironing
- Window treatment analysis and options such as blinds, shutters and shades from purchase to installation coordination
- Paint, trim, wallpaper selection, recommendation, sampling and installation coordination
TT DESIGN LAYER 8: ARTWORK AND PLANTS
Original art to framed prints. Conversation starters. Beauty. Interest. Color. Depth. Inspire. Dramatic. Humor. Expressive.
- Art evaluation, resourcing, placement and installation
- Live and faux tree, plant and flower designer selection, recommendation and installation
TT DESIGN LAYER 9: ACCESSORIES*
Thoughtful pieces grouped with intention. Mastery. Tell a story. Simple. Complex. Individual.
- Evaluation, resourcing, designer recommendation, placement and installation
COMPLETING THE NINE LAYERS: TRAN + THOMAS’ SIGNATURE LUXURY FURNITURE INSTALLATIONS!
- The BIG REVEAL stage! Rugs laid, felt feet applied and furniture precisely placed. Lighting plugged in, bulbs added, cords carefully hidden. Artwork and photos hung and accessories arranged with extreme care. You walk in. It is complete in every way. You rejoice and then lounge in comfort and beauty. You are now finally home.
Ready to begin your home’s beautiful new design story? How do you dream your home should feel? Let’s talk about your thoughts and get you inspired! email@example.com or call our office at 913-268-9595. We are excited to elevate your home and improve your daily life!
All of our clients receive the absolute best designs, solutions, product, customer service, and handholding in the industry. Once our clients experience our level of care, expertise, resources and ideas, they are T+T clients for life. We have a long list of clients we have worked with for over 25 years!
About Tran + Thomas
Built on the foundation of a 30-year, family-owned Interior Design business, Jill Tran and Carmen Thomas opened Tran + Thomas Design Studio in 2011 bringing a combined 36 years of experience to their projects. They work on both residential and commercial projects across several styles. Interested in their services? Call (913) 268-9595 or schedule a consultation below.